FAQ: How Do I Whitelist Email from Satori Method?
or “How to Make Sure You Get What You Ordered.”
Most email providers have filtering systems (or “mail blocking”) that tries to protect you from unwanted email. Unfortunately, these same systems often block email that you want to receive! Whitelisting our email addresses will ensure that what you ordered from us actually reaches you.
Generally, all you need to do is to add email@example.com to the address book in your email program. (Also, if you find email from us in your SPAM or JUNK folder, please take that opportunity to tell your mail program that it is NOT SPAM by hitting the “not spam”, “not junk” or similar button, to tell your email provider that you appreciate this email from us.)
For specific instructions on how to do this for one of the major email providers, please click on your email provider below and follow the instructions. Even if your ISP or email program is not listed, with these instructions you should be able to figure out how to whitelist our email address with other email programs.
1. First, if you find email from us in your spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button
2. Next, open an email that you have received from us
3. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply“:
4. Click “Add Satori Method to Contacts list“
1. If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click “Not Spam”
2. Be sure that the address email@example.com is not in your “Blocked Addresses” list. If firstname.lastname@example.org is on your “Blocked Addresses” list, select it and click “Remove Block”
Now to create the filter:
3. Open your mail and click on “Mail Options” in the upper right hand corner
4. Select ‘Filters‘ (in the bottom left corner)
5. On the Filters page, click “Add”
6. Select the “From header:” rule, and add “contains” and email@example.com, which tells the system to put email with firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
7. Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select ‘Inbox’
8. Pick the Add Filter button
1. Open an email from us and then click the ‘This Is Not Spam‘ button
2. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book
3. Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the ‘Add‘ button
4. Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load
5. Paste email@example.com into the ‘Other E-Mail‘ field
6. Make our “From” address (firstname.lastname@example.org) the Primary E-Mail address by checking the appropriate box
7. Click “Save“
1. First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”
2. Next, check to see if if the email address email@example.com is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find firstname.lastname@example.org on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
3. Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right hand corner
4. At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link
5. Next, click on “Safe List“, which is down near the bottom
6. Copy and paste email@example.com where it says “Type an address or domain”
7. Click the “Add” button
1. On the Tools menu, click Options
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
4. Add firstname.lastname@example.org where it says “Add address”
5. Click OK
To whitelist our address in Outlook 2012 you need to add email@example.com to your Safe Senders List.
1. Right-click on the message from Satori Method (or any email from a sender you want to whitelist).
2. From the drop-down list, select Junk E-mail.
3. Select Add Sender to Safe Senders List.
4. Click OK.
1. First, if email from firstname.lastname@example.org ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen.
2. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
3. Go to the Rules tab
4. Select Add Rule
5. Give this rule a name such as “Satori Method”
6. Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains‘” and then paste in “email@example.com”
7. From the actions, select ‘Move message‘ to mailbox ‘Inbox‘.
8. Click “OK“
1. First, if you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose “Mark as Not Junk”
2. Next, click the Address Book button
3. Highlight the Personal Address Book
4. Click on “New Card”
5. In the “Contact” tab of the new card, copy and paste email@example.com to the email dialog box
6. Click “Ok”
7. Next, to whitelist your address book, select “Tools > Junk Mail Controls” from the drop down menu
8. Update the “White Lists” module under the “Settings” tab by selecting “Personal Address Book” from the drop down menu, and then check the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail”
9. Click “Ok“